cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA9000 and microsoft Exchange 2007 UM

tony.turner
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody know if is possible to connect the SPA9000 to Microsoft Exchange 2007 UM. If so can you give me some advice on how to proceed.

Many Thanks

6 Replies 6

wichilds
Level 4
Level 4

Tony,

I am doing some research on your issue. I will probably need until Wednesday to get you an answer.

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tony;

This integration is not supported with SPA9000.

Regards

Alberto

Is there any reason why this cannot be made compatible. I have been testing with the SPA9000 and the SPA3102.  The 3102 almost works - I can see Invite being passed, Trying and Moved Temporarily coming back but it keeps on looping on this.

I do feel that this could be an important feature in the SPA series and this would be a major selling point to the SME market.  A small company using SBS 2008 and SPA series equipment could have an excellent VOIP/PABX/UM system for probably around the £1000 mark.

Dear Sir;

I'm not 100% sure I understand the kind of integration you are looking for, could you please elaborate. Currently our SPA9X2 and SPA500 phones interoperate with Microsoft Active Directory (or any other LDAP enabled DB) via LDAP queries for corporate directory applications. There is no integration for Unified Messaging.

Regards

Alberto

OK.

Lets look at this scenario.

Customer with say 5-10 users. Customer has Microsft SBS 2008 (Windows Server 2008 and Exchange 2007).

Customer also has SPA 9000 and SPA3102.

SPA 9000 is his PBX and talks out to a VOIP provider (Sipgate etc)

SPA 3102 acts as VOIP gateway to POTS

Customer would like to have the following:

If user is out of office then SPA device would pass unanswered call to Exchange UM and let caller leave voice message which then would be attached to an email in his mailbox.

This would then be pushed to his mobile phone using Exchange push mail.

In the same way during out of office hours the any incoming calls would also be diverted to an Exchange shared mailbox and messages would be left there and could be viewed during the next working period by anyone who has access to that shared box as an email with a audio attachment.

At present the only 2 VOIP gateways that are supported by Microsoft are produced by Audiocodes and Dialogic and to buy them you would not see any change out of $2000

As I said previously this could be done for a total cost of SBS 2008, SPA's (including SPA phones) for less than the cost of a Dialogics or Audiocodes gateway.

The SPA 3102 almost works - I think it only needs a minor change to the firmware

Linksys could be losing a major market here

Hi Tony;

You need to use SPA9000 as your Voicemail relay instead of the SPA3102.

SPA9000 provide means to register and manage voicemail to an external SIP-based Voicemail server. I suggest you check the admin guide for that purpose.

I cannot guarantee this is going to work 100% ok as this is not part of our VoIP ecosystem, however, I suggest you to try the setup, probably it will work.

Regards;
Alberto

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: