Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing IP for Unity 5.0(1) Primary and Domain Controller/Exchange

bestephens
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

I need to move my Primary VM and my DC/Exchange box to a new location. We recently relocated our DataCenter and with this move will be changing my IP address. Does anyone have a rough outline or a procedure on doing this? I see how to change IP address on the Primary in Cisco's documentation but what I don't see is how the change of the DC/Exchange server's IP will effect the primary/secondary. Is there anything I will need to do on those boxes for them to recognize the change. Will this effect my connection to Exchange?

Any assistance is greatly appreciate.

Thanks in advance,

Brent

3 Replies 3

Hoan Mai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi Brent,

As long as you change your DNS setting to reflect the exchange/DC, you should be fine with the move.

Hi -

Just make sure you have <40 ms response time between your primary vm server and the Exchange server or you may see Unity go into UMR mode. If you can get Unity and Exchange on same subnet, even better. I would also check your replication in DC/GC Reconnect tool to make sure Unity picks up the same GC/DC server.

Regards, Ginger

Thanks all for your help. I will let you know how it goes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: