cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACL and sequence number question

news2010a
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, I see that on a 3750, I do 'show access-list' and I can see numbers showing sequence of access-lists.

Then I do this on a 7200 and it appears as below, without numbers. Just wanted to confirm this is an IOS version or whether I can also get the numbers listed via commands?

R0#show access-list

Extended IP access list Yourlist

permit icmp any any

permit ip host 10.13.213.21 any

R0#

3 Replies 3

simontibbitts
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

In 12.2 (I don't know the exact release/train) and later it became possible in insert new ACEs in numbered ACLs just like named ACLs. This is why you have sequence numbers against your 'show access-list' command. You can add/change like a numered acl by just starting with the command 'ip access-list 101'

Hope that helps

Simon

So it means that if i want to change one entry which is on the bottom of the 'extended myaccesslist' and move it to the top, I would need to edit the entire access-list on notepad, then paste the whole access-lists again?

That is correct . Numbered ACL's started with 12.2.xT train I believe . Named ACL's came before that and you could add or delete items but you could not resequence them without modifying like you have said.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card