Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound Preview Agent Based Campaign with CVP Java

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Hi All,

Basically I am having an issue. I want to a simple agent based campaign in Preview mode, which we have working fine. However I have written a custom application in CVP that does a database dip against an account number and then help to produce a screenpop. Basically since I have this in BAAccountNumber I would like to do this. However I am unsure as to how to get the call from the MR Routing client to either the CUCM Routing client or the CVP Client in order to complete my type 10 Send to VRU to CVP. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chad

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Could you try to explain that again Chad. That wasn't very clear. What does the CVP application have to do with a preview campaign?

Regards,

Geoff

The CVP application should run during the reservation script in order to provide further details to the CAD display. By default only BABuddy and BAAccountNumber can be displayed from an Import rule. There for I am populating BAAccountNumber and wanting to run my CVP Application which interacts with SIEBEL. This will allow me to provide more detail to the agents. The problem is that it starts on the MR_RC for the dialer, and this doesn't have the ability to send out a label like the CVP_RC and CM_RC does. hence I figured I would try using translation routing, which I just configured and im amping up to test.

Thanks,

Chad

Even if you could trigger a CVP script from an outbound reservation script (you can't), the BABuddy and BAAccountNumber data won't be available. That data is populated via a CTI request after the call is routed to an agent.

I know it seems strange at first that the data is not there, but remember that there is not necessarily a one-to-one correlation between a reservation request and a customer record. An agent can receive a single reservation request and, via the "Skip" button, can cycle through multiple customer records without the dialer generating a new reservation request.

The way to do what you are trying to do is to write a data lookup into custom CTIOS code rather than using CVP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: