cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO ASA VPN Poor perfomance

antonio.pezuela
Level 1
Level 1

I have a vpn l2l between 2 cisco ASA 5510. When we download a file via VPN, we obtain a poor perfomance (10Kb/seg), when we download a file without VPN, we obtain a good perfomance 200Kb/seg.

We change mtu,... but we didn't get good result.

Can someone help us?

6 Replies 6

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

what are the circuit speeds at both ends of the VPN?

Was the file located on the internet or internal file server?

We have 8Mb in the central place (hub).

We have 4Mb satellite link in the spoke. We downloaded a file in the spoke place via proxy (via VPN tunnel) and we downloaded it without proxy (via internet).

OK - perhaps you should look at the proxy!!

To go from a remote site, to a central site (over the VPN via the internet) then thru the LAN at the central site to a proxy server, then back out to the internet......will cause you a few headaches, I have had them before. Check the proxy server and the traffic flow.

What are file transfer speeds from internal to internal? over the VPN no internet files?

We used proxy and intranet website (in central site) for download files, it's too slowly in both cases. We used VPN in both cases.

Then I would suggest that you need to look at your central site config and topology.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: