Views
Helpful
Replies

AP-grouping and SIte-Specific Vlan's question

jaydhindsa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends,

I was wondering if Site-specific Vlan's can be implemented on Guest-vlans where SSId's are anchored to Anchor-controllers from main controllers.

I will appreciate any inputs.

Thanks

JAy

2 Replies 2

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

Unfortunately I don't believe this can be done. I've run in to this question before at least one other time.

Basically, AP Groups (inteface assignment) only work for the clients local to that controller. Once you hit an "anchored wlan" you are not using the interface assigned by the AP group.

As an anchored client, you are not seen as connected from a particular AP, but instead are see as a client from the foreign controller.

Your only option would be to create multiple SSIDs and map each SSID on the anchor controller to the required vlan. You could use AP groups (wlan override) to specify which guest ssid you want on a particular AP, but I think thats your only option

Perhaps if you were anchoring a client doing 802.1x, you could pass interface/vlan parameters that way, but it wouldn't work for a typical "webauth guest user"

Thanks for the reply, that was my sentiment too. will see if unique SSID's can be deployed at each site.

Thanks

Jay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: