Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client Connection failure

Tim Roelands
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can someone please explain what goes wrong when analyzing this log message attached generated after connecting with a VPN client?

Using a diffent user and password works fine. Password reset at serverside does not solve the problem. Any ideas, I run out! Thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Looks like phase 1 IKE cannot establish - check UDP 500 is open for IPSEC.

HTH>

From the description of the problem, it sounded like the successful establishment of a VPN session occurs with a different username/password on the same PC.

I wonder if the failed username is a member of the same VPN group as the succesful username. Otherwise, I would check your authentication server to see why the authentication is failing.

Slmansfield,

Correct, it's possible to connect on the same computer with a different username and password.

The server (university) reports a password problem, but a reset doesn't solve the issue...

Andrew, in that case it should be impossible to connect with an other username and password either...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: