CUE Can not Ping The Outside World.

Unanswered Question
Sep 3rd, 2009

Hi All,

See attached Network setup diagram.

Orriginaly we had voicemail to mail (usingf SMTP) working. We had the UC500 connected to the DLink adsl router vie the UC500 WAN port. After changing the connection between the UC500 and ADSL router to VLAN1 on the UC500, we can no longer ping the outside world from the CUE on the UC500.

Please note we can ping both the router and the UC500 from the CUE.

what do we need to do to get the CUE to see the outside world?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Saurabh Verma Thu, 09/03/2009 - 18:49

I would suggest that you look at a couple of things:

a) On the DSL router, do you have NAT configured to translate 192.168.10.x as well as 10.1.10.x network?

b) Is there an access list on DSL router that could restrict this operation?

c) Is there any access-list on VLAN 1 interface that prevents 10.1.10.x network to go out?

jpotamitis1 Thu, 09/03/2009 - 19:58

Hi Saverma,

yes NAT is configured to translate 192.168.0.X (its actually 0.X not 10.x, i've updated diagram) as well as 10.1.10.X.

no there is no access list on router to restrict this operation.

There shouldn't be any acceslist on VLAN1 that prevents the 10.1.10.x network to go out. (see attched config stripped from credientials)

Saurabh Verma Thu, 09/03/2009 - 21:04

A couple of questions that might help you figure out the root cause:

a) Are you sure the DSL router is capable of allowing NAT translations for multiple IP subnets?

b) Have you configured appropriate static routes on the DSL router to be able to reach back 10.1.10.x subnet?

c) Along the same lines, are you able to ping CUE's IP address from the DSL router? If you are, then it is the DSL Router's responsibility to perform appropriate NAT translations for all internal IP subnets.

David Trad Thu, 09/03/2009 - 23:59

Hi John/Fred,

A few questions, which i know you have been asked a few allready but a couple more wont hurt :)

1. What was used to configure the system? CCA or CLI
  2. Why did you have to take the modem of the WAN port and put it on one of the LAN ports?
  3. Can you run your modem in Bridge mode and let the UC-500 handle the PPP/Chap connection?
  4. Did anything change on the configuration when you moved from the LAN port to the WAN port? If so what parts of the config did you change?
  5. Why do you need the CUE to see the outside world?

If you get stuck and dont find the answer, give me a call over the weekend i will try to assist you, if you can it might also be usefull for you to give me remote access to the system.

This Discussion