cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 ASA 5505's All Sorts of VPN Problems

nmooremvsc
Level 1
Level 1

I have ASA 5505's up until yesterday they had a working VPN for months. Yesterday we had to change the public IP's for both 5505's. The first ASA #1 has about a dozen VPN's configured on it and is having no other issues except for this particular VPN. The other ASA #2 also had it's IP changed yesterday it has had problems with 2 of 5 different VPN's. One of the two VPN's is connecting to #1. When you try to initiate the connection from #1 I get tons of errors:

5 Sep 03 2009 21:36:00 713257 Phase 1 failure: Mismatched attribute types for class Group Description: Rcv'd: Group 2 Cfg'd: Group 1

Dozen's of these before the VPN finally connects. I can't for the life of me find any different settings between the two of them. If they are set to use aggressive mode the VPN will still get all the errors but will not come up. I've deleted it on both sides and re-created it, still doesn't work right.

8 Replies 8

networker99
Level 1
Level 1

I presume that you have multiple ISAKMP policies configured?. Are the ISAKMP policies listed in the same order on both sides? as the initiating side will send its proposal and compare against the peers first, and then the second if no match is found..

Yes, the first policies on both match, the final policies on both match as well.

There is some inconsistancy with the ISAKMP policy.. can you post the config as well as the output from "debug crypto isakmp 8"

Here is the debugging output. How much of the config do you need?

full config both sides if possible

oh,.,. just realized I have had this before. In the end I had to completely delete and rebuild the ISAKMP and Crypto Map statement. Used the same settings

Delete the entire crypto map statement or just that numbered section?

You could try that first. I believe it was in the name so I would create a brand new one (just copy and paste the old changing the name) and apply it to the interface

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card