cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME collection Status problem

akash04lingam
Level 1
Level 1

In RME collection status under config archive in partially successfull tab i am getting this error message " Command failed VLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP. Could not detect SSH protocols running on the device VLAN Config fetch is not supported using RCP. " please explain this eror message.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The VLAN config can only be fetched using SSH or telnet. RME will connect tot he device, then issue a "copy flash:vlan.dat tftp:". This error says that RME could not detect that SSH was running on the device, and telnet did not appear to be in the protocol order.

Please tell how can i rectify this problem.

Make sure you can establish an enabled SSH or telnet session from the CiscoWorks server using the same credentials that are configured in DCR.

Could you please tell me how can i delete the old status under partially sucessful tab in RME

Assuming you've worked out the connection issues, go to RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt > Sync Archive, and check the Fetch Startup box. If the Sync Archive job runs successfully (and all configs are fetched), then the device will move to a Successful state.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: