Views
Helpful
Replies

HDS storage arrays

Bruce Summers
Level 1
Level 1

hey folks,

I have experience with EMC storage arrays and McData/Brocade directors and switches...but, i'm lacking any knowledge of the MDS9000 series fiber directors and more specifically, the HDS storage arrays...

What software is used to manage the HDS storage...My background is with EMC, so, something that would equate to solutions enabler or ECC possibly???

thanks.

Bruce

2 Replies 2

stephen2615
Level 3
Level 3

Bruce,

I do know that ECC can manage HDS arrays but you probably are better off using the HDS tools. There are a number of them depending on the arrays. USP/USP V uses Storage Navigator. AMS2000 series uses SNM2. AMS1000's and 9500 series use SNM. The list goes on. There is a forum ( forums.hds.com ) that you can ask questions.

If you have HP Storage Essentials/HDS HSSM, you can manage the arrays and switches with it.. to a certain extent.

If you can use a Brocade switch, you can use Fabric Manager/Device Manager. The only problem is the Cisco offers so much more in some respects than Brocade but its something to learn and enjoy.

Stephen

thanks stephen...

that gets me pointed in the right direction.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: