cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommended Burn-In time for 6500's

Robfreitag
Level 1
Level 1

I am hoping that someone on the forum could point me to documentation for best practices or anecdotal evidence for an appropriate amount of burn in time for a 6513 with 802.3af cards. I want to minimize the chance for infant mortality on a major upcoming construction project.

Thanks,

rob

4 Replies 4

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

AFAIK = there is no such document. Just turn on/configure and let it run.

cwalton
Level 1
Level 1

There is no document but "Best Practice" has been a week or two, longer if you have the time.This has been my standard as taught to me many years ago by other engineers. You can just fire them up and configure them at your leisure.

A week should be sufficient if you have the time.

It should take that long to configure/plan anyway once it's unpacked.

in case anyone out there hasn't seen this, here's the best practices doc for the 4500/6500's. Unfortunately, it looks like it was last updated 3 years ago.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_white_paper09186a00801b49a4.shtml

YANGCCIE4
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I heard the MOP (Methode of Procedure)in ISP, the core switch need to be turned on for a week with the customized configuration before it put into production.

hope it help

Yang

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco