cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATM-AIM IMA Filtering with TCL

rickvarn1
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue with the router syslog entries that are generated by the inconsistent clocking when two separate IMA groups (from different carriers) are terminated on a single router. I would like to filter out these messages to prevent false alarms in our monitoring system. I have written an imafilter.tcl script to prevent the messages but cannot seem to make it work. All help is appreciated. Attached are my script and a sample of the log messages I would like to filter out.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The filter looks okay, but I would need to see a show ver and show run from this device to see if everything else is properly configured.

rickvarn1
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the version info as well as the pertinent info for the interfaces and logging options. Looking forward to your insights.

The config looks okay. Your logging buffer, and syslog destination should be filtered. Are you seeing that these messages are still not being dropped, or is it that ALL messages are being dropped? Post the output of "show logg".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: