cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail Message class is not being maintained after forward

afischer1
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Cisco Unity 4.X with exchange 2003 in a fully unified messaging configuration. When some users forward voicemails through outlook the message class is not maintained. IE it is changed somehow from IMP.note.voice.unity to IMP.note

Does anyone know what causes this issue?

5 Replies 5

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Try testing from Outlook and select the Forward with Voice option. This opens up a forwarded message with the original attached and provides the Media Master. Make sure ViewMail for Outlook plugin is installed on user's desktop. Record an intro to the message or not. This will maintain the message class setting.

Ginger

Hello Ginger

The issue only occurs for certain users, most people can forward voicemails without issue. They dont forward messages with voice. Do you know what would cause some messages to lose the IPM.NOTE.VOICE.UNITY class, but not all?

Thanks

Hi -

For the users with the problem, if they have ViewMail for Outlook installed, check to see if the plugin has become disabled. For Outlook 2003, go to Help about Outlook and click the Disabled button. If ViewMail shows up here, re-enable it. It can also help to close, reopen Outlook. Do you have a mixed Outlook environment, meaning Outlook 2003 and 2007? If any Outlook 2007 users, the Disabled Items is on the Outlook Tools bar, I believe. Could you have one of the users try using the Forward with voice option to see if that works OK?

Thanks, Ginger

I'll give that a try.

Thanks

Hello Ginger

I just had the user check and viewmail is enabled, and i also had them forward me a voicemail using the "forward with voice" and i received both with just the IPM.NOTE class.

Unfourtunly that wasnt the cause. It appears some other people have had the same issue and there hasnt been a solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: