cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Voicemail Issue

segesublime
Level 1
Level 1

I have a phone that can't get to voicemail. When hitting the message button, it rings to the correct extension but never gets to the voicemail box. It just rings and rings..

Any suggestions? I'm from Avaya land and just learning the good cisco stuff.

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM??? CME???

In any case open the port status monitor from unity tools and see if the call shows in there

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks Java. I checked the port status monitor and all ports stay at idle when the call (message button) is made.

Any next steps?

Without knowing what call control you're using the generic advise is to check the VM profile or equivalent along with call routing

HTH

java

HTH

java

The vm account is active and unlocked. Not sure what info you need from call routing but the status is ON for all call routing.

I just remembered something that might help. The call managers and unity appliances all lost power last weekend. The two call mgrs came up fine but the unity had memory errors upon bootup. I shutdown the box and restarted it and it came up fine. And that's where I'm at now.

So, could there be something that needs to be activated/turned on like services or other dependencies that could be causing this from the power issue?

edit - also I went into Ports and saw that there's no extensions listed for the port configuration. I don't know if that's normal or not..

Thanks

Hello,

I assume you mean there is no ext. configured on the port in unity. If that is the case it is normal. The ext. for voicemail ports will be configured in callmanager.

It does sound like the call is not even hitting unity if you do not see it hit in port status monitor. How about if you call the ext and RNA, is it forwarded to unity where you are able to leave a VM? If so do you see it in port status monitor? If you do we know that it's VM profile should be configured correctly.

Also is this just happening to a single user?

Couple other thing you can check is that is the ===Always Use Prime Line for Voice Message === is checked in the service parameters. And since there was a reboot make sure the phone is registered with the correct CM.

Good morning.

Yes, I meant in Unity there are no ports setup with extensions. CM is setup with ports 6501-6515.

If I call the extension, it rings three times (then that ext. stops ringing), and then keeps ringing. I never get his voicemail. I don't see my call on a non cisco phone hit port status monitor.

There are only 2 users left at this point on the cisco system but it appears it happens to both.

I changed the setting from false to true for ===Always use prime line for VM===, which did not help.

I reset the phone from CM and bounced it by unplugging the cat5 cable.

I noticed in CM that CM1 is Publisher and CM2 is Subscriber. The phones are registering to CM2. Not sure how to change that.

I'm rating your last post 5 but hope there still may be other things to try.

Thanks again.

Glad I help. Yes it sounded more like after you mentioned the reload that something along those lines happened.

To change that check the order of of CUCM group the phones are in. You can find out which one they are using by looking at the device pool they are in, and you can change as needed from there.

Still not sure what the problem is but I went into CM and noticed that some of the voice mail ports were set for CM1 and some for CM2. With CM2 being active, could this cause some issues?

Yes it is possible..Look the intergration in unity tools.

Two things id check

1. if its registering to the second CUCM, do you have that as configured on the Unity System? if you go into the intergration tool you should have the two call managers there.

2. also, are the voicemail ports coming up or rather registered?

Hope it helps a bit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: