cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 9XX-Paging/intercom interrupts calls

austinmd533
Level 1
Level 1

During a phone call if someone pages your extension(or a group with your extension) then the page/intercom takes priority and automatically places the other call on hold without warning. Is there a way to allow paging/intercom while NOT on the phone, but to block pages/intercom while using the phone? i.e. the page would be treated as a phone call and not auto answer when one line is busy, but if the phone isn't busy it will auto answer.

7 Replies 7

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

Yes, it is possible. On the [User] tab there is a parameter named "Auto Answer Page". Set it to no. Then the device will ring.

Regards
Alberto

The problem with turning the Auto Answer on Page off is when the phone is not in use it still won't auto answer. So to clarify my original question: is it possible to have the phone auto answer on page when it is not in use AND not Auto answer on page when it is in use?

Dear Sir;

No, it is not possible to set the mode you would like to see. This (ring) feature is always on/off.

Regards
Alberto

Thanks for your response. Are there any known work arounds for this? Is there a possible firmware update(in the future) that would allow for something like this?

Sorry is this request is in the wrong section of the forum, but the paging/intercom feature is a desirable feature but it is comletely worthless if it interrupts important calls.

Dear Sir;

No plans to add the behavior you express. Note that setting I suggested is per user, having in mind that intercom or paging is used for highly important messages, but those who does not want to get their calls interrupted can use the setting, while others can just hear it.

Regards
Alberto

It's not a great workaround, but the user can press DND before starting a call, then remove it after a call. Incoming pages won't be accepted by the phone if DND is turned on.

If a user receives a call and wishes not to be disturbed, DND can be turned on while on a call through the Settings menu, but unfortunately it is not a quick and easy task. (Settings > 5 > 3 > Y > OK > Save).

Yeah, I played around with that idea for a while, but I think that would be a hassle for employees. I think we are looking into using a 'public' phone which can be used for paging/intercom purposes and each office will have one of these.

Thanks for the responses. It would be nice if Cisco looked into making this feature more configurable.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: