Views
Helpful
Replies

NBAR & PDLM upload

snarayanaraju
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Experts,

I have Cisco 1841 Router. I am trying to use NBAR feature for QoS.

In Flash memory, I donot have PDLM file. So I am trying to download from Cisco site. There, I am seeing only a few application are listed out in the download page of Cisco site.

I attached the file, to show you what are all the files listed for download.Please refer the attachment

I was in the impression that a single file that contains all the applications and thus I will be able to configure it in the router. But here I am seeing only a few application listed like citrix, kazza etc.

What is the method. Should i have to download all these files one after the other and Is that i can use only these applications listed out.

Please share your ideas. Thanks in advance

Sairam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sairam

The "sh ip nbar version" should show you the apps that nbar knows about. When you run this command do you get a list on your router ?

As for the flash. You will only have a PDLM in flash if you have downloaded a new one from Cisco. The existing PDLMs on your router are part of the IOS so they are not stored as separate files in flash.

Jon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sairam

Are you sure that there aren't PDLM's already loaded because if your IOS version supports nbar then most of the available PDLM's should be loaded.

You only need to update PDLM usually if there is a new PDLM that was not included in the actual version of IOS you have.

Run this command on the router

router# sh ip nbar version

this will list all of the available PDLM's that are on your router.

Jon

Thanks Jon,

Your answer is useful. I am using version 4. Ofcourse I suppose to have PDLM in flash.

If by chance, mistakenly if i deleted the pdlm file from the flash, what I have to do ?

Also, How to know how many application the current PDLM file is having ?

sairam

Sairam

The "sh ip nbar version" should show you the apps that nbar knows about. When you run this command do you get a list on your router ?

As for the flash. You will only have a PDLM in flash if you have downloaded a new one from Cisco. The existing PDLMs on your router are part of the IOS so they are not stored as separate files in flash.

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card