Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR billing for Transfer, conference and forwarding

calvinzhao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We found some difficulties when trying to link several CDRs within a conference or transfer. The doc says they should have the same call leg, while from the actual CDR files from customers, we find the call legs are all different through out one single conference.

How should we deal with this?

3 Replies 3

evandro.nunes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you receive any answear about your question or solve your issue ?

I've been having the same issue and would like find some solution !

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for you answear.

The DOC that you sent to me is about CDR for CUCM version 7.0.1 and my version is CUCM 6.1.4, I don't know if there are diferences between them.

I've opened a case with TAC to try solve or find a solution for this "issue".

Follow the TAC's position:

Hi Evandro,

As per your conversation with David, there is no report that Call Manager generates that will let you see who transfer and where were those calls transferred to, neither who created/participated in conferences and how long would those conferences lasted. However you can pull that information from Call Manager with a billing server. Attached you will find the link that talks about the supported billing servers that Cisco recommends to use

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/IPCApps?page=Call_Acct_Billing.

Note: As stated in the document you provided each time that a call is transferred, the Cisco Unified Communications Manager terminates the CDR for that call and initiates a new CDR. For conferences the number of CDRs that are generated depends on the number of parties in the conference. One CDR exists for each party in the conference, one CDR for the original placed call, and one CDR for each setup call that is used to join other parties to the conference, please remember that Call Manager assign a conference ID when they are created so you do best effort following it.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks in advance,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: