cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP to PSTN works only after a fresh hard reboot

wessamadib
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, VoIP to PSTN works only after a fresh hard reboot of my SPA310.
It works once and after first call it stops working. I tried with no pin and with pin. I tried factory reset. I tried every thing basically.
Thank you in advance.

5 Replies 5

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear sir;

Could you please describe your issue further? i.e. what is exactly the issue you experience when you call the device. Does the device answer? At what point the device stop responding? There may be multiple reasons causing this issue.

Regards
Alberto

Hi, thanks for your reply, i bought two sipura 3102 a while ago and delivered it to country A these are working fine, PSTN to VOIP and VOIP to PSTN.

Later I bought another three in Country B and the three has the following problem:

I would do a factory reset, put the minimum settings of proxy, user name and pass.no pin and no voip delay, I would intiate a voip from my spa3102 in country A to my spa3102 in country B.

First attempt a success, it would instantly give me a dial tone in country B. The next time and there after, I would try to make the same VOIP to PSTN and the spa wouldn't open the pstn, it would keep ringing and never transfer to pstn. Untill I reboot it and then it would work once or twice and again the same problem.

Firmware 5.1.7 i also tried and upgraded  to 5.1.10

Hardware version 1.4.5(a)

Thank you

Hi wessamadib,

Do country A and B use identical switches in the PSTN? If not, chances are that you will have to localize for Country B.

1. Consider enabling debug on SPA3102 in country A and in country B.
https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-5405

2. Make calls from A to B and then from B to A.

3. Compare the debug logs, perhaps you will identify a clue as to why the Country B is not properly functioning.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

I agree with Patrick. If the in country calls are working properly each time, then it must have something to do with the tones not being understood from one country to another. Example: Australia and US use different pstn tones/frequencys so localization has to be done so the ATA knows what tone to play when the handset is picked up (before a call is made), reorder tone is played, etc... As a test you could try copying the localization information from one ata to the other and see if the completion rate improves. If not, you can always factory reset and try something else.

Good Luck,

Bill

Dear Sir;

Please try the following. On each device, please set NAT Keeplive Enable to YES. Reboot and try again.

This is likely related to the fact that routers close the UDP ports after some time of inactivity.

Regards

Alberto