cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks LMS monitor non-cisco devices?

David Niemann
Level 3
Level 3

Is it possible for CiscoWorks to at least monitor non-cisco devices via SNMP? Also can User Tracker discover non-cisco IP phones such as polycom?

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes and no. While RME and HUM can perform sone management of non-Cisco devices, support is very limited, and adding non-Cisco devices will eat up your license count.

User Tracking can find non-Cisco phones such as Polycoms, but it will only show them as end hosts, and not as IP phones.

I'm really just looking for the ability to receive a trap and then generate an email alert from it. For example a UPS. If I receive a trap from it and have ciscoworks either forward the trap or generate an email alert for it. Would I just add the device manually in common services. Where would I see the trap information so that I can create the notification?

This is not possible with LMS. LMS isn't even a general trap receiver for Cisco devices. It can only convert certain traps from Cisco devices into email notifications.

That answers my question. Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco