Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling outside from IP phoned Issue

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

I have call manager 7 and two gateways with two E1s

I can call from telco to IP phone but when I need to call from IP Phone to telco for example to my mobile, the IP phone gives me ring out message but my my mobile does not ring and I am not able to hear the ringing tone on the IP phone

I am using my IP Communicator as IP phone

I applied debug voice ccapi inout and dialpeer and I attached them.

3 Replies 3

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Madi,

Your outgoing dial peer will strip the 93 from the called number.

If you have to strip only the 9, then you have to modify the destination pattern of dial peer 100 to:

destination-pattern 9[3]......$

You can see the digits of the called number that you're sending to Telco with debug isdn q931.

Hope it helps, if it does please rate.

Best regards,

- Adrián.

Thank you for your help.

If I am sending wrong number to Telco then I should hear a message form the telco that I am using wrong way to dial or like this, what I have is the IP phone gave me ring out message and I am not able to hear any ring tone and the call will not ended unless I pressed the EndCall button

I already have configured the dial-peer to strip just 9. In dial-peer 100 the destination pattern is 93......$ then I used the command forward-digits 7

Could you please tell me why you said that "outgoing dial peer will strip 93 from the called number"

because I review the output of debug and I saw that the router sent 93 to telco. and even if I sent wrong number to Telco I should hear a message that I am dialing wrong number but I did not??????