cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IOS upgrade

tetong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, check with you if upgrade my current IOS without CRYPTO to SSH. Do I need to purchase addition/upgrade license?

8 Replies 8

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Upgrading to IOS with crypto feature set would in your case constitute moving to a different feature set. I believe that to do this upgrade legally, you have to purchase an additional license. However, I would be very happy if someone could confirm this.

Best regards,

Peter

I do not what switch, router or feature set you use, but these are price list for 7600 with Sup-720 with SSH and without.

Cisco 7600-UP720 IOS ADVANCED IP SERVICES SSH B $10,000

Cisco 7600-SUP720 IOS ADVANCED IP SERVICES B $10,000

Also, I would check with my sales rep before loading it on the box to make sure you are not doing any thing illegal

HTH

Reza

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Peter,

You're correct. Upgrading from one feature set to another legally requires a license purchase.

Talk to the Cisco account manager for pricing/discount.

tetong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, is upgrading IOS version no, is this consider upgrade feature set?

Upgrading version number, from 12.2(40) IP Base to 12.2(46) IP Base for example, should be OK as long as they have the same feature set.

tetong
Level 1
Level 1

How about upgrade from IPBASE to IPBASEK9? same feature set but only difference is K9. Is this consider eligible upgrade or license purchase?

The "K9" means it's Crypto feature set. You'll need to contact your authorized Cisco reseller for pricing and discounting.

Hi all.

Going from no-crypto to crypto within SAME feature set is legal and does not cost anything. You just have to make sure that your country is not among those to whom Cisco cannot legally sell crypto products.

So in other word, going from IPBASE to IPBASEK9 is just a download from cisco.com away for you.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco