cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 resets to factory defaults

drroswold
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed a new RVS4000 router (firmware V1.3.0.5), configured it to my LAN, saved the setting and created a configuration backup. 4 times now in less than a week I lost access to the internet only to find the router reset to factory defaults.

I can restore from the backup, but a day or 2 later and it resets again.

Any suggestions - or do you think it's a hardware problem and I should return it for replacement?

5 Replies 5

tedtucker
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever find a fix to this? I am having the same problem.

Thanks!

-Ted

fdesantis
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a similar problem with my new rvs4000. Has the problem been identified?

Purchased a week ago and upgraded firmware to 1.3.1.0 immediately. Set up LAN and VPN to my needs. When I try to manage the RVS4000 thru the VPN sometimes it works and sometimes it kills the box. When I get home to inspect the rvs4000 the diag led is solid red and after I'm able to get into the box I find the configuration has reset to factory defaults.

I'm trying a reload of the firmware, hard factory reset via reset button and upload of my saved configuration.

hmosoff123
Level 1
Level 1

This is the only post I can find relating to this product.  Has anyone found a solution as I thought I was losing my mind.  I had all of my settings created, just to find that when I unplugged the unit, everything was reset to factory default.  After re-reading the manual, it seems you need to do a lot more to reset this box then just to unplug it for 10 seconds.  Any help is appreciated.  I guess if this keeps happening, I'll simply return it and get a better quality unit.  Thanks.

qumartin
Level 1
Level 1

Please give this a try. First you need to upgrade to the latest firmware version(1.3.2.0). After upgrading to the latest version of the software the next step is to reset the device back to factory defaults. Then after the reset to factory, load the device manually. Next step after loading manually is to save your config file. This should take care of the reset back to factory default issue. If this does not take care of the problem please call into the support center. The number to call is 1-866-606-1866. Also please if you have to call in let the support center engineer know the steps you have already taken.

Thanks

Quendale

tom-hoffman
Level 1
Level 1

Any updates to this issue? Did what qumartin post work?

Thank you,

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: