Views
Helpful
Replies

DR Site Connectivty

syedraheel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

A company has a central site at location A with DR site connected to it via fiber link. It has brance offices at locations B, C and D. Now I want a solution where If Site A fails the traffic seamlessly routes to the DR site. What could be the best design for this scenario how should the brance offices be connected to Central site and the DR site. My manager said that it can't be a point 2 point links, what other options do we have to provide connectivity.

4 Replies 4

ktwaddell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

What about putting all 5 sites on to MPLS? that way all sites can connect to each other, then you can configure your DC as a backup.

Kev

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

The only option I can think of to replace the dedicated point to point links is to have (MPLS).

with MPLS , you emulate those point to point links over a shared infrastructure and reduce costs.

The best design is to have two (Centeral Services) MPLS VPN services, between all branches to the DR and between all branches to the Central site.

HTH

Mohamed

Thanks a lot guys

Cheers

if you're replys were useful, please rate the posts

thanks

kev

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco