VPN Client Software

Unanswered Question
Sep 7th, 2009

Could someone recommend an alternative VPN client software that work with ASA or VPN line card of 3509E "Catalyst 6509E Series IPSEC VPN Shared Port Adapter" please.

Currently remote client (partner company) using Cisoc VPN client software and VPN to our company via ASA, everytime the VPN connection drop or server that installed the s/w re-booted, the VPN client software requires manual operate to re-connect the VPN connection. (wonder if any clever way to auto re-connect or not?)

at the moment the VPN concentrator is at firewall ASA and planning to move over to L3 (3509E) to do the VPN connection instead.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
pauloroque Mon, 09/07/2009 - 05:47

Hi Siripan.

I wonder why you are using the vpnclient in a server? Are you using it as a vpn gateway for the entire remote network?

Anyway ...

You can write a script to reconnet the client automaticly using the cli version of the vpn client. To try it, open the vpnclient dir and just type

vpnclient connect user pwd .

You can configure the server to run this script on boot and periodically.

Another and best option is to configure a LAN-to-LAN VPN, either on a remote router or ASA if you partner has one. LAN-to-LAN vpn are established automatically on demand.

Paulo Roque

R.Siripan Mon, 09/07/2009 - 06:47

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the cli tip, i now can see how to make it as service..

Most of the VPN client(200+) are our clients, only need to see some DB on those server that installed VPN client only.

This Discussion