cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM Group Membership - Some devices not appearing

paulcian_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have 4 6509s that I created a customized group for. Two of them became members of the group and the other two did not. The two that did not do not appear in the selection list to add them manually.

All devices are in DFM.

Any thoughts?

16 Replies 16

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of DFM? In what application did you created the group? What was the ruleset? What is different between the two switches that were added automatically, and the two that were not?

DFM 3.2.0. The group was created in DFM -> Other Configurations -> Group Administration -> Customizable Groups using the Customizable Group 1.

Group Name: Customizable Group 1

Parent Group: /DFM@nycb-ciscowks01/User Defined Groups/Customizable Groups

Type: Device

Description: 65xx Switches

Membership Update: Automatic

Created By: System : Wed 15-Feb-2006 13:53:25 ACT

Last Modified By: admin : Wed 02-Sep-2009 12:49:55 ACT

Rules: Device.Model equals "6506" OR

Device.Model equals "6509" OR

Device.Model equals "6006"

Visibility Scope: Public

The two switches that cannot be seen were not defined in the system prior to creating the Group. I have tried to go back and add them but they do not show up to even add them in.

Thanks for the response.

Go to DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Setting Priorities, and adjust the Device Group priorities. Save them, then adjust them back, and save again. Then apply the changes. The new devices should show up provided they are in a Known state within DFM.

I had the Customizable Group 1 at the top already. Are you stating to move it down - save it - move it back up - save it again. Do I need to apply changes after each save?

Thansk

Yes, move it, save, move it back, save, then apply.

I followed the procedure but the devices still did not appear in the Customizable Group 1. I went back through the list of devices to add it manually and these two are just not in there.

In DFM -> Device Details -> All Known Devices in Inventory Services..these two 6509s are listed.

Any other suggestions?

I saw this once before in DFM 3.2. Try restarting CiscoWorks Daemon Manager so that DFMOGSServer and PTMServer can resync.

I tried performing a net stop "crmdmgtd" as well as rebooting multiple times. I also tried deleting the device from DFM and re-adding it but still no luck.

What would cause the device not to appear in the list to add them manually? I would expect that all devices be visible base on the parent rules.

If the devices are Known in DFM, then there is nothing that should keep them from appearing in either the matching devices or objects from parent panes. There may be some errors in the DFMOGSServer.log.

There are errors in the log file although I do not know what they mean.

Any error in particular that should stand out?

Post the DFMOGSServer.log and DFMOGSClient.log.

Files are attached.

Thanks

Okay, something has gone very wrong in the OGS database tables. You can try to recover this by shutting down DFMOGSServer, then running:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/triveni/WEB-INF/classes/rmkilnerogstable.pl

Then restart Daemon Manager. You will lose all DFM customizable groups, so they will need to be redefined. You can shutdown DFMOGSServer with:

pdterm DFMOGSServer

If this does not work, you will need to contact TAC to remove the database tables directly from the database.

Will this remove all DFM custimizable groups from Interface Groups, Access Port Groups and Trukn Port Groups as well?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: