Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot associate an ephone-dn with a FXO port

juan.astudillo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

To associate an ephone-dn with a foreign exchange office (FXO) port, I use the trunk command in ephone-dn configuration mode...but when I finish the config and press the button in my phone...anything happens..What am I doing wrong?

this is the config:

BEGIN=========================================

!Private Lines

!

!Direct 1

conf t

voice-port 0/1/0

connection plar opx 2220970

exit

!

!Dial peer to take Private Line 1

dial-peer voice 280 pots

destination-pattern 7100

port 0/1/0

exit

!

!Direct 2

voice-port 0/1/1

connection plar opx 2220973

exit

!

!Dial peer to take Private Line 2

dial-peer voice 281 pots

destination-pattern 7101

port 0/1/1

!

!!Ephone-dn to assign the private lines, the sentence "trunk" take the dial peer to send the calls to port 0/1/0

!Linea 1

ephone-dn 110

number 2220970

name "Linea Privada 1"

!invoque the destination of connection in FXO private line 1

trunk 280

!

!Linea 2

ephone-dn 111

number 2220973

name "Linea Privada 2"

!invoque the destination of connection in FXO private line 2

trunk 281

!

!Asigne the ephone-dn to the buttons, in ephone 6 the private line only in silent mode

!

ephone 5

button 1:5 2:251 5:110 6:111

!

ephone 6

button 1:6 2:250 5s110 6s111

END========================================

I need some help with this issue..

Thanks!!

2 Replies 2

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

To associate an ephone-dn with a foreign exchange office (FXO) port, use the trunk command in ephone-dn configuration mode. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_t1ht.html#wp1015411

Yes, I used this guide to associate the ephone, if you see the script that I published..have the same structure as examples and use the "trunk" command but When I try to take the line only have a busy tone. It is not a trunk problem because when I test the configuation I receive the incoming calls normally. The problem is I cannot use the line to make outgoing calls.

I think I associated wrong the dial-peer with the command "trunk". While I programmed I saw that the "trunk" command says nothing of its parameters that can only be of type "WORD". This is not very specific so I have doubts.

Thanks for your help!!