cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS on Cisco 7304

cnservices
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, I'm currently try to configure QoS on a Cisco 7304 router with PA-A6-E3 interface card.

That 2 problems i'm encounter.

1. When i trying to enter the PRIORITY command under a sub-class inside a Policy Map i get the following error "priority not allowed in conjunction with bandwidth"

It's seem like i can't use the priority command after i has configured the bandwidth at some sub-class.

2. the fair-queue command is not availble when i try to configure at under the class class-default.

Appreciate your reply and thanks in advanced.

Cheers.

1 Reply 1

simontibbitts
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

1) That is correct. You cannot configure a priority bandwidth and a bandwidth under the same class. The priority class will always be served first but limited to the amount of bandwidth you give it. You must use one or the other.

2) Do you get an error when you try to configure it? Do you have anything else configured under class-default? The fair-queue command is only compatible with the 'queue-limit' or 'random-detect exponential-weighting-constant' commands under the same class.

Simon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card