Views
Helpful
Replies

Sharing CVP studio Application creation/Development

fabien.damien
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I would like to know how we can share the creation (me and my colleague) of one CVP studio application on the same CVP Studio. As the TAC suggested, we should use CVS. Can anyone pinpoint a document that explains the procedure?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I think there are three separate but interrelated issues in your question.

1. a source code control (repository) question

2. a question on how to share one licenced copy of Studio

3. a question on a cooperative design-build-test cycle for a large CVP VXML application.

Does this seem correct to you?

CVS is a source code repository system that you can install (free software) and you can configure Eclipse to use it. There is nothing CVP specific in this.

If you were using Eclipse to build Java code you could check out and check in files and the two developers would be able to work together without getting update clashes.

If you haven't worked with a SCCS or a CVS system, you need to get a little bit of practice. You can get that in a couple of days.

I also suggest copying big projects to off-line storage at regular intervals.

If you are trying to both use the same Studio application at the same time, this can be done using msdsc (Microsoft Distributed Services Client a.k.a. Remote Desktop).

What you probably want to do is be able to test things separately, so in my opinion you are better off building projects that exercise pieces of a more complex program, and when each has their parts working, you and your buddy sit together and glue the pieces together.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

if we use remote desktop, then one user can use call studio at a time,

please advise,

Are you calling msdsc /console? If you do that only one person can connect. But if you set up different users on the XP box and connect without the console switch you should be able to make it work. I actually haven't done this but a colleague told me that they did it.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: