Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE autoattendant handling invalid extensions

David28
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

Im trying to find a solution for my customer for days but somehow it seem impossible for me to do this easy task.

System is a CME 7.1 and CUE 7.0.3

You all will know the aa.aef script which comes with the installation. There is a part I'm very interested in. You dial 1 (for dial an extension) and then enter the extension followed by #. The system then transferes the call to the correct extension. So far so good. If I now do the same and enter an invalid extension the system tells me so and if I do it 3 times in a row, it tells me that it is sorry that I'm "to retarded to dial correctly" and transfers me to the operator. This is perfect.

Unfortunately I don't need the menue and nearly everything else from this script. So I was hoping I can customize it to fit my needs. Impossible...

So next thing. There is a downloadable (form the Cisco website) script that also comes with the script editor. It is named aa_sample1.aef script. Sure you guys know this file as well. I was hoping that it does exactly the same like the aa.aef script. Unfortunately it doesn't. It looks the same and the menue is the same and everything, but exactly the part where I dial an invalid extension doesn't work like I want.

To be more specific on that: I didn't change anything in this aa_sample1.aef script except for the operators extension. The rest is original. So if I use this one and dial an invalid extension, the system tells me that it is calling extension xxxx and then there is silence. After about 30 seconds of silence the call is disconnected.

So. Since there are no changes made neither on the aa.aef nor on the aa_sample.aef there must be a difference between the two.

My question there:

Has anyone of you an idea how I can configure this script to check if the extension is valid?

Additionally: Has anyone the original aa.aef file and can make it available so that I can open it in the script editor?

I hope anyone can help me with that, allthough I'm pretty sure that the solution will be some simple change followed by a big "ahaaa" from me ;-)

TIA, Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Dave,

Thanks for posting back with your resolution! +5 points for this kind gesture.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David28
Level 1
Level 1

Here is in detail what I do and what the system replies. Maybe this helps.

This is what happens with the aa.aef script:

1. I dial the call-in number of the autoattendant (7374 to be exactly)

2. aa takes the call and prompts: "Welcome to the automated attendand. To enter the phone number of the person you're trying to reach press 1. To enter the name of the person you're trying to reach press 2. To transfer to the operator press 0."

3. I press 1

4. System tells me: "Enter the phone number and then press the # key"

5. I enter 5555# (which is an invalid extension)

6. System tells me: "You have entered an invalid phone number."

7. System goes back to step 4 of my list here.

8. If I enter a wrong number 3 times in a row, system tells me: "Sorry your're having trouble. Please stay on the line and someone will be with you shortly"

9. System transfers me to the operator.

This is what happens with the aa_sample1.aef script:

1. I dial the call-in number of the autoattendant (7374 to be exactly)

2. aa takes the call and prompts: "Welcome to the automated attendand. To enter the phone number of the person you're trying to reach press 1. To enter the name of the person you're trying to reach press 2. To transfer to the operator press 0."

3. I press 1

4. System tells me: "Enter the phone number and then press the # key"

5. I enter 5555# (which is an invalid extension)

6. System tells me: "Calling 5 5 5 5"

7. I now hear silence until the call is disconnected. This takes about 30 seconds. During that time no phone is ringing.

Ideas?

Best regards, Dave

It looks a little bit like I'm talking to myself but maybe someone else has this problem too.

The difference between the aa.aef and aa_sample1.aef script is the option "allowExternalTransfers" which is choose able in the aa.aef script when you select it on the autoattendand web site on your CUE module.

For some reason it is not with the aa_sample1.aef script.

If you create a new script on the CUE Web interface, you can choose this option, so I created a dummy script with this option, figured out the differences and added them to the aa_sample1.aef script. Now it works exactly like the aa.aef script.

Dave

If this helps, please rate.

Hey Dave,

Thanks for posting back with your resolution! +5 points for this kind gesture.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Dave,

Can you please post your modified version of aa_sample1? I have not made it work with the "allowExternalTransfers" with cue 8.5.1..

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: