cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BVI1 is down, line protocol is down

king06aaa
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me how to bring this interface back up? It's a 1252 with 80211.n.

I started configuring it with CLI and then was using the web interface. I made a change on the web interface and it caused the AP to hang. I rebooted it and can access via Hyperterminal, but I cannot ping the IP address nor bring it up in the web interface any longer.

I tried the "No shut" command in the BVI1 interface.

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you tried erasing the config?

nshoe18
Level 1
Level 1

What change did you make in the GUI when the AP hung?

You can always try to go in through the CLI issue a write erase command, which will erase the current config and you can then redo the config.

Alternately just try reconfiguring the BVI1 interface and verify all your other settings.

scottwilliamson
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Steve,

Check that the management VLAN's bridge group is 1 so it ties in with the BVI1, I vaquely recall this getting out of step on one of our APs that started misbehaving during reconfiguration.

Hope this is helpful

Scott

Hi,

I  had similar issue  and  had to  put

int gi 0

bridge-group 1

for  BVI 1 to  come  up .

BVI1                       10.10.1.53      YES NVRAM  down                  down

Ap2(config)#int gi  0

Ap2(config-if)#br

Ap2(config-if)#bridgeg

Ap2(config-if)#bridge-

Ap2(config-if)#bridge-group 1

Ap2(config-if)#

*Mar 12 17:36:38.374: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface BVI1, changed state to up

*Mar 12 17:36:39.374: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface BVI1, changed state to up

Ap2#sh i

*Mar 12 17:38:32.979: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by consolep int brie

Interface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status                Protocol

BVI1                       10.10.1.53      YES NVRAM  up                    up     

Dot11Radio0                unassigned      YES NVRAM  administratively down down   

Dot11Radio1                unassigned      YES NVRAM  administratively down down   

GigabitEthernet0           unassigned      YES NVRAM  up                    up     

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card