cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

With Meetingplace Express is possibe using a Regular Webcam

cnarvaez
Level 1
Level 1

I got Meetingplace Express 2.1, the question if it is possible using the regular webcam integrated in my laptop, instead of be forced to buy a CUVA and a Cisco VT II cam.

Or that is a functionality that can be achieved just using webex?

2 Replies 2

mattepps645
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

to use your Webcam still requires an application to either turn it into a SIP, H.323 or SCCP capable device.

The CUVA application enables you to bind the Webcam to a Cisco IP Phones thus creating an SCCP endpoint and this will enable you to call directly into a MeetingPlace Express video conference as well as enable you to participate in Video Telephony.

I believe there are similar applications (sorry I can't recommend one) available that will allow you to use SIP & H.323 signalling with your Webcam and therefore allow you to join MeetingPlace video conferences. In this case you would either have to register the H.323 client to a CUCM or gatekeeper and the SIP client to CUCM.

Unless someone can tell us differently in this forum then I am certain there is nothing within a Windows OS build that will enable your webcam to participate in IP videoconferencing (i.e. built in SCCP, SIP or H.323 client capability).

Best wishes,

Matt

Of course you can participate in WEBEX video conferences with your Webcam.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: