cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot launch LMS after restoring data

msalim
Level 1
Level 1

I had problems with LMS3.2, so I uninstalled it, installed LMS3.1 again, restored data, but now I cannot launch it. Getting error HTTP Status 404 - /cwportal/html/cwhp/cwhp.applications.do

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is almost certainly a problem with the portal installation. Post the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log and stderr.log. My guess is that the 3.2 uninstall was not complete, and the system must be cleaned using the clean_system.exe tool before doing the 3.1 downgrade again.

Please find attached stdout.log and stderr.log

Thanks,

I don't see any errors here at all. Post a screenshot of the 404 error. Exactly how did you arrive at this error?

Here's the screen shot.

Thanks

Okay, try this:

Shutdown Daemon Manager, then delete NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/cwportal/db/portal.*. Then copy all files from NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/cwportal/db/orig to NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/cwportal/db. Verify that the casusers group has full control over the newly copied files. then restart Daemon Manager.

I can login now, but in HUM module, don't see any data. Pollers are configured but not sure if its polling any data. If I run quick report it does show some data but don't know why it's not showing any data under TOP-N interface utilization, CPU-N Memory Utilization, and other variables on HUM main page as it used to.

Thanks,

Please start a new thread for the HUM issue.

Also when I try to click on Edit button under any of the HUM Poller setting, I don't see any option to configure or modify. It could be a permission problem, don't know where to check/modify. Causers have full permissions to CSCOpx folder.

I am also not getting any e-mail messages. May be I should uninstall and reinstall LMS. Where can I download clean_system.exe? When I reinstall, what java version should I be running or LMS will configure correct java version during its installation.

Thanks,

LMS includes its own versions of Java. there is no prerequisite. The clean_system.exe tool is only available from TAC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco