cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Copying ACS Module (ACE20) Context Configs

jason.williams
Level 1
Level 1

Is there anyway to pull all of the context configures in one shot? Can I copy them from the Admin context or do I have to changeto each context and do a copy run?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can view other contexts running ocnfig from the admin-

invoke context context_name show running-config

You may be able to CLI something with |. Her's a link for you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/ace_appliances/vA3_1_0/configuration/admin/guide/managesw.html#wp1143730

Hope it helps.

I am trying to just begin the configuration process of the GSS, my SC knows about as much as me.. I sure could use some assistance! Thanks

cstockwe
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I just paste a set of commands from the admin context which manually copy the running configs to a tftp server...once each context is done it moves to the next.

It is a quick and nasty way of making sure all your contexts are backed up.

Like this:

ace01/admin# changeto context1

ace01/context1# copy running-config tftp://10.1.1.1/context1.rtf

ace01/admin# changeto context2

ace01/context2# copy running-config tftp://10.1.1.1/context2.rtf

ace01/admin# changeto context3

ace01/context3# copy running-config tftp://10.1.1.1/context3.rtf

...and so on for all the contexts you have.

My problem with this is that it seems that only that admin context can reach my PC, and that's only over sftp. The other contexts are blocked by a firewall, that's why I was trying to find a way to copy the configs from the admin context.

Each context should have its own management access as they must be managed separately.

This is the idea behind virtualization...

So, fix the firewall and have a minimum config in order to access the context directly.

ACE does not have a mechanism to copy information from one context to the other for security reason.

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: