cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Design - Help

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi guys, I have 2 routers 2811+NME-WAE-502 and one Central Manager. I read that "IP WCCP 61 REDIRECT IN" is applied in the user access vlan and the "IP WCCP 62 REDIRECT IN" is applied in the WAN interface.

1. In the Branch and HQ office, my router is not the Edge router, so, I have the f0/0 only connected to my LAN, How can apply the concept of IP WCCP 61/62 REDIRECT IN?, can I apply both on the same interface, in this case F0/0?

Thanks gyus for your suggestions.

David

7 Replies 7

mrjohnso
Level 4
Level 4

David,

You said that your routers only have a single connection to the LAN? If so, how are they routing traffic? Can you post a network diagram?

I do not believe you can apply both 61 and 62 inbound redirection, but i'm pretty sure it's possible to apply one of them inbound and one of them outbound. Not sure if that will accomplish what you are looking for though.

Hi friend, thanks for your response. The main problem is in the remote site. I have a satellital connection and the edge routers/switches are not Cisco also. I'm trying to figure out how I can implement my routers 2811+nmw-wae.

Please check the diagram. If you have any suggestion, please let me know.

Thanks

David

Unfortunately I cannot open the file you posted. I cannot install the util needed to unpack the diagram.

Your remote site sounds like it might be pretty small, so the non-Cisco router and switches might be all of the network hardware there? Is it possible that the router supports WCCP? If so, would it be possible to get a 274 appliance rather than using the 2811+WAE?

If those are not possible, I think there a couple of options:

1) Put your 2811 router inline between the existing router and switches. This option might be more straight-forward overall.

2) Connect the 2811 to the core switches and use PBR to force all of the traffic to go there. You would need to use both redirect in and redirect out on the same interface. I don't think you would need redirect-exclude since you are using a WAE module. You would need PBR on both the LAN and WAN sides to ensure traffic in both directions gets to the 2811.

If using option 2, I think there should be a good bit of analysis to ensure the traffic flows work as expected to enable the WAAS optimizations.

The non-cisco switch looks to be a L3 switch. The 2811 has two interfaces but you are only using one.

Using the existing equipment, you are going to want the traffic to pass through the 2811 router.

Can you put both router intefaces into the switch, remove the L3 interface on the L3 switch for your satellite subnet. Put one of the 2811 interfaces into the satellite subnet and put the vacated IP address on this interface. On the L3 switch, make a new vlan with L3 interface. Put the second router interface into this VLAN and assign the appropriated IP address to the router interface.

Review your routes to route traffic through the 2811. Confirm your remote lan segments can access your core resources.

If successful, configure WCCP redirection on the two 2811 router interfaces and direct traffic to the NME.

-Dan

Hi Dan, tranks for your great suggestion. The Non-cisco L3 switch has a dedicated subnet for the satellite subnet and it is a BNC connection, so I can only connect the interfaces f0/0 or f0/1 to the LAN network. (please check the diagram). I was wondering if this configuration will be correct:

On the Central Office:

interface FastEthernet0/0

ip address 172.20.195.243 255.255.255.0

ip wccp 61 redirect in

ip wccp 62 redirect out

speed 100

duplex full

!

interface Integrated-Service-Engine1/0

ip address 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0

ip wccp redirect exclude in

service-module ip address 192.168.2.10 255.255.255.0

service-module ip default-gateway 192.168.2.1

no keepalive

On the Remote Office:

interface FastEthernet0/0

ip address 172.20.10.10 255.255.255.0

ip wccp 61 redirect in

ip wccp 62 redirect out

speed 100

duplex full

!

interface Integrated-Service-Engine1/0

ip address 192.168.20.1 255.255.255.0

ip wccp redirect exclude in

service-module ip address 192.168.20.10 255.255.255.0

service-module ip default-gateway 192.168.20.1

no keepalive

Please, note that I don't have a WAN connection because of that non-cisco router.

Any advice will be nice.

Thanks again friends.

David

Hi Dan, I'm trying this configuration in our client to show the WAAS performance. But, this configuration is not working at all, some protocols like FTP are not optimized, could you can help me to confirm that the configuration is ok please.

Thanks a lot

David

Hi David,

ip wccp redirect in & ip wccp redirect out shouldn't be used on the same interface. You will have to identify the Source traffic and apply redirect in at the incoming interface and identify the return traffic and again apply redirect in

Arjun Ankathil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: