cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Frame-realy T1 issues and users browser white pages

jeanaguemon
Level 1
Level 1

I have users at a remote location connecting to an application at the main office through a frame-relay T1 line and time to time all day long they experience white pages in their browsers while doing some queries. Note however that users at a different remote location connect to the same application fine and do not experience any issues. Is there anyone who had this experience before ? Please help if you had one or have any ideas what this could be. I even replaced the router and no success. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Jean-Baptiste,

you should find out what traffic is using the link in both directions.

ip accounting can help.

A possible solution if the link is not congested most of the time is the use of QoS tools like CBWFQ to provide resources for this application.

If you see high output drops in direction main site to remote this can be a sign of a link that is simply too slow to deal with the traffic.

In this second case you should consider a link upgrade.

Another possibility to be taken in account is the presence of users that are running peer-to-peer software ip accounting can help to find out this: if you see multiple IP flows towards multiple internet destinations sourced/destined to the same ip address : you have found peer-to-peer or a virus.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Giuseppe,

It is not a peer-to-peer software issue or virus. I turned on ip accounting and did not see anything like that. From the main site to the remote, I have only 11 output drops. And the bandwidth utilization on the interface did not show any congestion at all. Thanks for your input anyway. Anybody there who had this experience before ?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card