cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity does not answer

segesublime
Level 1
Level 1

I have another similar post in the IP Telephony forum and thought I would post here as well.

I have two call managers and one Unity box. All 3 lost power. Rebooted all and now Unity does not answer when a user hits the message button. This call does not show up in the port status monitor. We only have two users left on cisco and this happens to both.

Also, if I call one of the cisco phones, I never get to voicemail.

Not sure what to look at here but any suggestions welcome.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Not sure this is a Unity issue then. It's like it might be a problem with the CUCM server. So the ports are registered. Are they registered with the proper server? I understand they all rebooted so I am wondering if the ports registered with the pub in stead of the sub or with a tertiary server in the UTIM list. If you move the ports to another CUCM server, does that fix it up?

Tray

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Hoan Mai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure the VM ports are registed on the UCCM side.

Voice Mail > Cisco Voice Mail Port

Thanks.

The CM ports are setup and registered to the active CM, this being CM2.

Everything was working fine before the power loss, can you think of anything else?

You said when you call another phone that it never goes to voicemail. Does it just ring and ring eventually getting a busy or fast busy? OR does the call ring 3 times or so like normal and then go busy or fast busy? Depending, there may be a problem with the hunt list or line group if the ports are in fact registered.

Tray

Thanks.

If I call from a non cisco phone, but in the same dial plan, it only rings 3 times on the cisco phone but I keep hearing rings. It will just ring and ring. I only let it go about 10 rings before hanging up.

Should I try to let it ring longer or any other suggestions?

Also, one of the polycom phones seems to have an issue as well. It was only getting one way communication. The person could hear me but we could not hear them. Almost like a codec issue or something similar.

Thanks for the help.

Yes, let it ring until it expires the hunt list. If it finally goes busy or fast busy, it's exhausting the list.

Tray

Ok, I let it ring and ring and I did not hear any fast busy or busy tones. It rang for about a minute then just disconnected me.

Not sure this is a Unity issue then. It's like it might be a problem with the CUCM server. So the ports are registered. Are they registered with the proper server? I understand they all rebooted so I am wondering if the ports registered with the pub in stead of the sub or with a tertiary server in the UTIM list. If you move the ports to another CUCM server, does that fix it up?

Tray

I checked Voice Mail ports in CM1 (pub) and they are now listed as non-registered but have the ip of unity. Resetting the ports does not change them from non-registered.

Previously, they along with the phones, were all registered to CM2.

Not sure what happened.

Edit - I bounced CM1 (pub) and now all the ports are registered to CM2 (sub).

That could be part of the issue. Is it working now?

Tray

As a matter of fact, it is working now.

Thanks Tray. 5 headed your way.

AWESOME! Thanks for the 5!

Tray

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: