cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPM error in communicating with Group Administration Server

rgomes
Level 1
Level 1

My customer is getting the following error when call Collector Management > Collectors:

"Error in communicating with Group Administration Server. It may be down or not yet up. Please make sure that the Group Administration Server is up and running, then refresh the page.

I have attached the screen shot of the error and the ipm logs.

The server OS is Solaris.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Change the value of PX_FQDN to csprd01 in md.properties and /var/sadm/pkg/CSCOmd/pkginfo, then restart dmgtd, wait 30 minutes, then see if you can connect to the IPMOGSServer.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of IPM is this? When did they last see this error? The logs cut off on 9/3, and as of 02:42 on 9/3, the IPMOGSServer was up. Post a pdshow from the server now as well as the latest logs.

The problem started on 12 Aug. I am attaching the proccess status by the time of the error. The error persists. The server was already restarted. The customer can not see the defined collectors.

Tell me what more, besides the versions, you want to know to ask the customer to send the info.

Thanks

what I'd like to see are logs and pdshow output from today. First, restart Daemon Manager again. Then, wait 30 minutes for the daemons to initialize completely. Then, reproduce the error. Then, capture the output of the pdshow command. Then, collect the IPM logs. Post the logs and the pdshow output.

I have uploaded the new data you have requested.

I don't see any errors from today that would account for this error. I do see an error from 8/12 that indicates the hostname may have changed on the server. This would account for OGS problems. What is the current hostname on this server? Post the output of the DOS SET command as well as the NMSROOT/lib/classpath/md.properties.

It's a Solaris server.

What would be the counterpart command for DOS SET and for the NMSROOT/lib/classpath/md.properties file on the Solaris environment?

The output of the hostname command and the same md.properties will work for Solaris.

The hostname was not changed.

$ uname -n

cisprd01

$

I have attached the /opt/CSCOpx/lib/classpath/md.properties file.

Change the value of PX_FQDN to csprd01 in md.properties and /var/sadm/pkg/CSCOmd/pkginfo, then restart dmgtd, wait 30 minutes, then see if you can connect to the IPMOGSServer.

Although the customer said that there was no change on the server hostname, after the change on the PX_FQDN value on the md.properties file the problem was solved.

Thanks for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: