cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I have a WAP4410N attached to a ATT DSL modem?

timboyle734
Level 1
Level 1

We have a WAP4410N attached to an ATT DSL modem. The DHCP server is on our Novell Server. Wireless laptops connect to the AP and are assigned an IP automatically. The problem is that the connection drops, and the new IP address is not from the correct DHCP server.

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

Glenn Quesenberry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Tim,

Not sure I fully understand your network configuration.  You state you are connecting a WAP4410N to an AT&T DSL modem and you have a separate DHCP server?  What are you using to route traffic with?  What type of router are you using and how is it configured?  Some more insight into your network config would be most helpful!

Thanks!

Glenn Q.

The WAP4410 is plugged into one of the ports on the Linksys DSL modem. The WAP has a static IP of 192.168.0.5. The DSL modem's IP is 192.168.0.1, the DHCP server is on our Novell server the IP for that is 192.168.0.2. This setup has been working, but now it seems to drop the connections often.

I appreciate your help.

Sir,

Do you have DHCP enabled on the modem/router?  I suggest that if your modem/router has the ability to Relay DHCP, then relay to your DHCP server, otherwise turn off DHCP on the modem.  Make sure your default gateway for the WAP is the modem/router, and the default gateway of your DHCP server is the modem/router.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: