Auto Attendant Solution?

Answered Question
Sep 8th, 2009

Can i use the "Call Other Number" option in the AA to forward the call to an external number, for ex, a mobile number? What is the other alternative to this?

Also, is there is a script where the caller does not have to press an option in the AA and that the incoming call  gets directed as per the AA schedule:

WorK:

Incoming call -> Call Blast Grp

After Hrs:

Incoming Call -> Mobile Phone.

The above should kick in automatically without the user specifying an option. Is this possible?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Saurabh Verma about 7 years 3 months ago

Yes, you should be able to transfer the call to an external number. If you are using "9" as the PSTN access code, make sure you include that in the target destination. As for your other questions, no, the calls are not automatically transferred. You will need to modify the script for that. Alternatively, you can include some directions for the caller in your greetings.

HTH,

Saurabh

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Saurabh Verma Tue, 09/08/2009 - 14:26

Yes, you should be able to transfer the call to an external number. If you are using "9" as the PSTN access code, make sure you include that in the target destination. As for your other questions, no, the calls are not automatically transferred. You will need to modify the script for that. Alternatively, you can include some directions for the caller in your greetings.

HTH,

Saurabh

murtazashikarii Tue, 09/08/2009 - 14:31

Thanks Saurabh.

I added "91xxx-xxx-xxxx" in the Other Number Field but the when i press that menu option, i get transferred back to the AA? Do i have to enable some smart feature before this?

Saurabh Verma Tue, 09/08/2009 - 14:54

Make sure that you have "allowExternalTransfers" parameter set to true.

If this doesn't work, I will need to look at some troubleshooting logs - "debug ccsip message" and "debug voip dialpeer all" to begin with. Also I would need the latest configuration from UC 50 0and CUE.

Thanks,

Saurabh