How to forward call to answering service before even hitting AA?

Unanswered Question
Sep 8th, 2009

I am trying to forward the SPA9000 to an aswering service before even hitting the AA because a client has a small business and wants to be able to quickly and easily decide to forward calls if they are leaving the office randomly throughout the day.

I have read how to do this based on the extension that is dialed but what if you want a global forward of the whole system?

Again for the logical scenario of randomly utilizing an answering service.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Alberto Montilla Mon, 09/14/2009 - 06:56

Dear Sir;

This is known as Night mode setting and it is not supported, as is, on the SPA9000 system. There are, however, several alternatives to it:

(1) You can direct calls, instead of the autoattendant, to the receptionist phone (if any). Then when the receptonist is not available, he/she can set call forwarding unconditional (cfwd softkey) to vmm. This will forward any call going to the receptionist, to the voicemail of the receptionist (considered to be the voicemail of the office).

(2) Set Night autoattendant directed to the voicemail (you can similar - not exactly the same - syntax for direct access to the voicemail /docs/DOC-9872). The limitation here is that you can set only one time range, not multiple, and as soon as time change the rule will be applied automatically.

Hope it helps;

Regards
Alberto

donwbpa3donwbpa3 Tue, 09/15/2009 - 18:01

Is it possible to direct inbound calls to an extension on the 'receptionist' phone and normally do an unconditional call fwd to the AA with that line (not sure if you can get that to work--perhaps in the dial plan translate a dial string to AA?).  When you are going out of the office then change the forwarding on that line to VM or the answering service (again--perhaps with the dial plan and/or star codes and a speed dial)?

Alberto Montilla Wed, 09/16/2009 - 07:12

Hi Don;

Yes, this is certainly possible. Extension for the autoattendant is "aa" and extension for voicemail is "vmm".

Regards
Alberto

Actions

This Discussion