cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to email voicemail from SPA400?

montefusco
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to email voicemail from SPA400?

This is such a wonderful feature of many phone systems, yet with the SPA400 i am unable to find out how to do it?

There is no supporting documentation on this capability but i am confident that it can be accomplished some how, either via smtp or a custom script?

How can this be done?

5 Replies 5

wichilds
Level 4
Level 4

This is not a supported feature. The only way to retrieve voicemails is by dialing the envelop on the phone. The SPA series does not support any voice-to-text feature. If that is a needed feature, please look into the UC540 or UC560. It is considerably more robust, and definitely supports the feature you desire.

Bill

Bill,

UC560? What UC560?????

UC560 is to support more users than UC540. The full details will not be available until the product is officially released. As of now the UC540 is the latest and greatest Small Business Pro all-in-one voice system.

Voice-to-text feature does not apply to this scenario and the client has 2 of these systems in production so an upgrade to have voicemail emailed is not realistic at this time. However i was reading that this whole LVS system, the spa9000 and spa400, are both running an embedded version of linux with asterisk. That being said there has to be a way because asterisk has that feature builtin! Some people online claim they can connect to the CLI interface of these devices and edit the code to enable the voicemails to be sent via smtp to an email address. I just havent figured out how to do it yet. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

This feature is not in the Cisco approved firmware and thus not supported. I do not recommend putting unapproved firmware on these devices as it makes their warranty void. As these devices do run a linux version and are able to be reached for CLI configuration, they should not be modified via the command line AT ALL. This violates the agreements for using the device and it violates the legal agreement you accept when you download our firmware.

This is the agreement:

Cisco's End User Software License Agreement (above) governs your use of the Cisco software listed at this web site. Click the highlighted link (above) for the full text of the Agreement, which may be updated from time to time by Cisco in its sole discretion and without notice. Cisco will post a copy of the updated version of the Cisco End User Software License Agreement, and you will independently and regularly review the Agreement at this URL.

Software Download Rules - Please Read Carefully

By clicking "Agree" below, you agree to each of the following:

1.                  That you shall be bound by Cisco's End User Software License Agreement posted at the above URL regarding your use of any Cisco software you download from this web site;

2.                  That you are only entitled to download Cisco software for the Cisco hardware chassis or device or the particular application software or signature file for which you have paid the applicable software license fees;

3.                  That you must purchase a Cisco Operating system Software feature set upgrade license if the feature set you intend to download is not included in your initial license;

4.                  That you have a current and valid service contract that covers either the specific Cisco hardware chassis or device for which you are downloading software and/or the software image or subscription file update (e.g., for Intrusion Detection System) that you are downloading;

5.                  That Cisco reserves the right to: (a) charge you for, and you agree to pay for, software /signature file downloads to which you are not entitled, and (b) immediately suspend or terminate your access to this web site if you download software to which you are not so entitled.

The url it references is here:

http://tools.cisco.com/legal/cnaren/DisplayDocServlet?DocId=366310&DocType=html&MimeType=text/html&Location=null

I do not wish to be a pain, but modifying the firmware/software is ILLEGAL.

Sorry,

Bill