cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

routing 800 number to extension

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

I am trying to route an incoming call that was placed to our 800 number to a particular extension. I use a translation rule to redirect each DID to an extension or to the AA. However, when doing debugs on our PRI using "debug isdn q931" I see that the called number does not show the 800 number, rather it shows the DID of our main number and therefore it is redirected to the AA. How can I translate/redirect the incoming 800 calls to where I need them to go? Is there some other method or technique for this? I see a "redirecting number" in the debug. Can I use this? Or do I simply need to use a free DID and point the 800 to that and use my existing translation rules?

Thanks,

Diego

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

diego

Telco will not use the 800 number DID normally, they translate it internally and give you the corresponding DID in your range.

Please check with Telco which number in fact they are using. if using H.323 you can use redirect number otherwise talk to telco to change the main number to other DID.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

diego

Telco will not use the 800 number DID normally, they translate it internally and give you the corresponding DID in your range.

Please check with Telco which number in fact they are using. if using H.323 you can use redirect number otherwise talk to telco to change the main number to other DID.

Ended up using a free DID to route the 800 number to.

Thanks,

Diego

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: