Helpful
Replies

HWIC-1FE and ios version compatibility on 2811

athrunzala
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to ask if a cisco 2811 running on an ios

c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.124-25a.bin should be able to make an HWIC-1FE

card work? I am also not detecting the card on any show commands. Plus i am seeing that all the LEDs (FDX/COL,100 and LINK/ACT)

are lit steadily even though there is no cable attached to it, is it safe

to say that the card could be defective?

6 Replies 6

goulin
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried Software Advisor on the Cisco website? See attached. It is only supported in those versions trains (eg YB4, T, etc).

it seems that i don't have access to the advisor tool, what about other feature set like the ipbase?

Should be the same... hardware support is usually done by IOS revision, as opposed to IOS feature set (eg if 12.4(25) supports it, then it will be supported from IP Base to Advanced Enterprise Services).

". . . hardware support is usually done by IOS revision . . ."

NB:

Usually is correct. An example otherwise, was, on at least 2800s, needed "Plus" image to support some ATM interfaces.

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need 12.4(T), there isn't support in 12.4M

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/product_data_sheet0900aecd80581fe6_ps5853_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Note: For the HWIC-1FE the minimum level is Cisco IOS 12.4(15)T. The HWIC-2FE will be supported in IOS releases12.4(15)T9, 12.4(20)T, 12.4(22)T and 12.4(24)T.

HTH,

__

Edison.

ajaju
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The HWIC-1FE requires a minimum IOS of 12.4(20)T..

Regards,

Aniruddha

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card