I configured this on UC520 Call Manager 4.2

ephone-dn  50
number 8000... no-reg primary
mwi on

ephone-dn  51
number 8001... no-reg primary
mwi off

What to do to make it work?

Do i need to configure dial-peer?, mwi-server ip address?

Thanks for your help

Janez

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In reviewing the voicemail configuration, I noticed that you've configured the gateway IP address as 10.1.1.77. But I don't see UC 520 configured with this IP address. Can you change that to 10.1.1.1? Was this system configured through CCA?

ccn subsystem sip
gateway address "10.1.1.77"
end subsystem

Thanks,

Saurabh

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Saurabh Verma
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Janez,

We recommend using CCA to configure the UC 500 as it takes care of the configuring all the minor details. If you are configuring it manually, there are couple of things that you will need to ensure:

a) Since you have configured these as 8000... (3 dots), make sure you have 3 digits extensions

b) On CUE, check the MWI settings, it should be matched to your ephone config:

ccn application ciscomwiapplication aa
description "ciscomwiapplication"
enabled
maxsessions 6
script "setmwi.aef"
parameter "CallControlGroupID" "0"
parameter "strMWI_OFF_DN" "8001"
parameter "strMWI_ON_DN" "8000"
end application

c) Make sure you don't have an overlapping dialplan with 800x, I would recommend that you setup MWI ON/OFF to be an Alphanumber pattern, something like A801 and A800.

HTH,

Saurabh

a) i have 3digit extension

b)CUE seems ok.

UC500-CUE> show ccn application

Name:                                   ciscomwiapplication
Description:                           ciscomwiapplication
Application type:                    aa
Script:                                   setmwi.aef
ID number:                             0
Enabled:                                yes
Maximum number of sessions: 6
CallControlGroupID:                 0

strMWI_OFF_DN:                   8001
strMWI_ON_DN:                     8000

c) i dont have overlapping dial plan.

I noticed something interesting. When i dial MWI ON number with the extension the phone with that extension gets a flashing message icon  regardless of that there are no new messages. When i dial MWI OFF number the message icon and led light on phone turns off.

But its not working when i send a new message throught voice mail.

What to do next ?

Thanks for your help,

Janez

Please send the configuration for UC 500 and CUE. Also capture the output of "debug ccsip message" on UC 500 when leaving a voicemail.

Thanks,

Saurabh

I want to see your config as well....

Many people have the same problem here..  they change the ephone-dn commands and/or change the number of digits of extension from 3 to 4.  They also dont relize that the DOTS in the ephone-dn are important because it tells the system how many digits to forward.  Below the 3 dots after A801... tell the system to pass 3 digits.  Make sure you did not delete the dots when you changed the A801 to 8001

ephone-dn  55
number A801... no-reg primary
mwi off
!
!
ephone-dn  56
number A800... no-reg primary
mwi on
!

Thanks for the interest in my problem.

I will post the config on monday when i get back to work :)

Here is my configuration, and debug ccsip message capture.

Thank you,

Janez

From the debugs, it looks like you are trying to leave message for a General Delivery Mailbox (GDM). Does the MWI not work only for GDMs? AFAIK, a message left in GDM does not light up MWI. Can you try leaving a message to a user's extension?

Thanks,
Saurabh

I left a message at the user's extension and it was sent to his private mailbox.  Mwi not working. Now i erased general delivery mailbox and its still not working.

Here is another capture.

In reviewing the voicemail configuration, I noticed that you've configured the gateway IP address as 10.1.1.77. But I don't see UC 520 configured with this IP address. Can you change that to 10.1.1.1? Was this system configured through CCA?

ccn subsystem sip
gateway address "10.1.1.77"
end subsystem

Thanks,

Saurabh

It's working now, after i changed the gateway address :) .

Thanks for your help!

Janez

gregszeszko
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar problem.  I just set up the system.  It is configured with 2 digit extensions.  Voice mail retrieval (at extension 55) works fine.  Messages can be left and listened to.  But the MWI light does not light up on any phone.  I am somewhat of a novice at UC500 so I am don't even know how to get to the ephone-dn display and how to modify it.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: