Called Party Busy Call Issue!!!!

Answered Question
Sep 9th, 2009
User Badges:

I have a user who is trying to receive inbound calls from the PSTN but whenever you dial his external number you will get a immediate busy signal. If he is called internally there is no issue at all. I have checked the Call Manager and did not notice anything weird in it. I have also reloaded his phone from the defaults and allowed call manager to restore the software and configs. What should I do now? I am not a voice expert.

Correct Answer by karthiksp about 7 years 10 months ago

1. Make sure that your dialing pattern is correct.

2. Enable the debug commands on the gateway to ensure that the call is hitting the gateway. (Debug isdn q931)

Correct Answer by Brandon Buffin about 7 years 10 months ago

How does the call get to the user's phone. Translation pattern? Digit stripping at the gateway? An auto attendant? What type of gateway? Callmanager version?

Brandon

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
Brandon Buffin Wed, 09/09/2009 - 07:16
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

How does the call get to the user's phone. Translation pattern? Digit stripping at the gateway? An auto attendant? What type of gateway? Callmanager version?

Brandon

Charlie Mayes Thu, 09/10/2009 - 06:27
User Badges:

Thanks bbuffin. I found that this issue was a carrier side issue. They disconnected the phone line. Imagine That.

Correct Answer
karthiksp Wed, 09/09/2009 - 10:47
User Badges:

1. Make sure that your dialing pattern is correct.

2. Enable the debug commands on the gateway to ensure that the call is hitting the gateway. (Debug isdn q931)

Charlie Mayes Thu, 09/10/2009 - 06:28
User Badges:

Thanks Karthiksp. I found that this issue was a carrier side issue. They disconnected the phone line. Imagine That.

Actions

This Discussion