cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cluster help...please

tynorton1950
Level 1
Level 1

We have 6 switches in a cluster. I've read quite a bit the last couple of days about it, but time isn't on my side. I just don't get how I'm supposed to switch between switches since there's only one IP address. I tried to set up a vlan only to have another IP address on the switches to telnet to, and it wouldn't do it for some reason. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to move a switch out of the cluster and remove it as a member, but I keep getting a flapping interface on the one above it when I reconnect the loop.

Right now I'm going back and forth between the console ports because I can't switch between these, so if someone can explain how to telnet back and worth and what I'm doing wrong there, that would be a big help. Thanks,

Tyler

1 Reply 1

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am assuming you've set up the switch cluster correctly. You can use show cluster members to verify all the cluster members. It should show their states as UP along with their MAC addresses and model numbers.

To access the cluster members, you can use rcommand cluster_number. Where the cluster_number is the SN on the show cluster members output.

Here is an example of the command

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2900xl_3500xl/release12.0_5_wc5/cli/clicmds.html#wp1054577

HTH,

jerry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card