cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial Peer

hmjgriffon
Level 1
Level 1

I want to set up an option in the auto attendant to dial a long distance number. We want to use a dial code to do it so the way it works is we dial a number with 9 in front, then 1, then area code, then number, you get a tone, then you dial a code like 01 well, I'm trying to get the auto attendant to dial that for them so I made a dial peer to dial the numbers, pause then send the code but it doesnt seem to work is this possible? Below is my current dial peer.

dial-peer voice 5 pots

destination-pattern 91[2-9].........,,,,,,..T

port 0/0/0:23

forward-digits 13

4 Replies 4

hmjgriffon
Level 1
Level 1

bump.

It won't work that way. First, the destination pattern that you have there doesn't alter the dialed number, it only matches it. Second, you appear to be sending the call out a PRI trunk. The dialed number will be sent in a single q.931 message, not via DTMF. DTMF is the only system that is going to be able to recognize and use that pause. PRI will take the whole pattern and try to find a match. It will not match off of the first part, then play the second part after connecting.

It sound like you are trying to interface with some other automated system, right? It might be to write a TCL script to do something like that, but I don't have the experience with TCL to tell you how.

Stoyan Stoitsev
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

Not sure if it'll do the trick but you can try the following config:

dial-peer voice 5 pots

destination-pattern 91[2-9].........

port 0/0/0:23

forward-digits extra inband

BR,

Stoyan

No joy Stoyan, thanks for trying though, I dunno how to do TCL scripts either but I'm gonna try to look into it!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: