cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for an NMS tool

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is there any tool that can alert based on a user-defined percentage/number of access ports that have gone down over a specific timeperiod on each switch, relatively easily out-of-the-box (vis-a-vis requiring heavy consulting/pro service customization)?

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Embedded Event Manager could be made to do what you want. I'm not sure if that's too heavy-weight for you. Once the initial script is created, configuration could be done with EEM environment variables (i.e. the percentage, type of alerts, etc.).

It never occurred to me to consider EEM. One potential hangup with usnig EEM for this purpose is the access switches are a mix of CatOS and IOS. Nonetheless, would it be feasible to fulfill the requirement(s) with EEM applet(s) or would TCL script be needed?

It would only be feasible to do this with EEM applets if your devices support EEM 3.0 (e.g. 12.4(22)T or higher). Else Tcl would be required.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: