cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Occasional DLCI Deletion-Why?

mrashby
Level 1
Level 1

I have about 85 sites that connect into an AT&T frame cloud. About once a day I will lose connection to a site. I usually report these outages to AT&T. After the site comes back up and I call AT&T for a reason for outage update they really can't give me an answer as to why the site went down. When I checked the router logs I find this entry in the logs:

*Sep 8 23:36:40.989: %FR-5-DLCICHANGE: Interface Serial0/0/0 - DLCI 501 state changed to INACTIVE

*Sep 8 23:37:40.990: %FR-5-DLCICHANGE: Interface Serial0/0/0 - DLCI 501 state changed to ACTIVE

Can anyone tell me what causes the DLCI to go inactive. This seems to be the common thread between all of the outages.

1 Reply 1

yagnesh_tel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mario,

Inactive DLCI indicate that the switch has this DLCI programmed but for some reason PVC is not up end-to-end. This may be because either there is no mapping (or incorrect mapping) for the local DLCI in the frame-relay cloud or the remote end of the PVC is Deleted.

Refer this for more detail:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk237/technologies_tech_note09186a008014f8a7.shtml

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card